Monday, August 20, 2012

Six security guards need martial arts?


Security guards are better off without martial arts

Imagine going to a job interview and being asked to fight with two other people in the office to prove that you are good enough for the job. Here's how the security guards used to be employed to work safely club. The manager of the club need to know that you can take to manage and protect customers from throwing out the drunks.

I remember it well because I interviewed the manager looked at me and then turned to two local drinking near the bar and said: I will pay either $ 50 if you can stop this guy is thrown out of the bar. Then he turned to me and said, throw them away.

I was surprised at first, but these two clubs were eager to earn money to drink more and stood up to fight.

It was not my best ejection, but I managed to defend myself and get one of them out the door with some force applied. The manager said that I was hired, not because I have two people out, but I was willing to give it a go and not be intimidated by them.

Sage advice

The manager told me it was more important for the security guards to be able to challenge people intoxicated with authority and confidence, not necessarily the ability to fight. He said that no matter how well you're a fighter, someone is always better than you, and even the security guards have experienced difficulty dealing with two or more intoxicated persons. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot.

And 'need martial arts?

I asked all the time if you need martial arts to work as a security guard. It 's better if you do not know any martial arts, because the techniques generally rely on excessive force or may not be used in the environment.

For example, security guards should never hit anyone. My reasons for this are simple.You damage the fist or knuckles and risk of infection
A handful of rarely ever check a person eventually stops you punching
A fist is often followed by another fast punch before we know if its necessary
It turns immediately into a fight deportation
Punching people a waste of time
Often you end up punching an object or something more of them and break their fingers

Expulsions effective

The purpose of expulsion is to get the culprit out of the club quickly and with minimum harm to them and you. To do this you need to limit and control their movements with momentum going more towards the exit.

Self-defense techniques

Most self defense techniques involve a level of damage that quickly immobilizes the offender. That security guards need is restraint and control techniques that prevent the offender to harm you, but also allow rapid movement towards the exit. You do not want rolling around on the ground or exposed to their friends who will put a boot or break a bottle over his head. Try to learn a style of martial art that uses biomechanical techniques instead of strikes and kicks.

Fancy Footwork and roundhouse kicks

No security guard should have never kicked anyone. This only indicates that they have no patrons in the expulsion of conflict resolution techniques.

I was working in a place in Sydney, when I needed to eject an intoxicated patron. It was pretty drunk, but also a nice guy. As I approached he began to loosen muscles and move through some martial arts moves to let me know that I would be in trouble. He also told me that it was a black belt in karate.

Stupid move

Now I know what range of style and technique that he and his height probably to strike the first kick. As I continued to approach and entered into his range of foot strike is a roundhouse kick spun through the air to try to hit my head. The kicks are always slower, no matter how good you are, as in movement or hand techniques. Furthermore, this leaves only one leg with your weight. I slipped under pressure applied to the side and perform a takedown fast with the leg crumpling under the pressure. It 'was then detained and frog came to laughter and applause of the other patrons.

Confidence to work with no martial arts

Practice and learn some restraint simple but effective moves over and over again with a partner and you will be able to manage yourself better than most of the security guards with a background in martial arts. Learning to detect problems before they occur is still the best way to prevent the need to fight. Studying the patterns of behavior and body language so they can advise managers of potential problems before they become a problem.

by Paul Baker ......

No comments:

Post a Comment