Saturday, July 28, 2012

Studying Abroad


In a globalized world, the boundaries begin to desvaneserse. It is much more likely that the present generations know more places in the world than our parents or grandparents. What is causing this trend? Very simple: student exchanges.

In previous generations, the studies were done at home or in schools or local universities. Bold was the idea of ​​traveling to another country to study, and in the case of Mexico, the preferred place to do it was the U.S..

Now what? Now thanks to the benefits of technology, instant communication and the perception of other countries besides the U.S., and student exchanges are somewhat typical.

Even travel agencies specializing in student travel have been created to accommodate the needs of future generations. Did you hear the term "hostel" before the 80's?

But what are the new countries which turns to see when it comes to studying? Among the most preferred according to this article are the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France and China respectively in the Top 5.

Many times the choice is made on the type of industry being studied. For example, to learn English, of course the UK or U.S. is the preference. For fashion, design and language, Italian is preferred. There are exclusive schools to receive students and introduce them to local life. In my case, I decided to learn Italian as a third language, and being a student of marketing, I decided that Italy fully encompassed those two options. It was then I found this place: Europass. I found people around the world and I live with everyday Italian.

I not only went to that exchange, but I had the opportunity to visit other places (and abusing my budget and luck). I went to Argentina, China and Sweden. Sure, two of my choices do not match the Top 5 that I found in that piece of paper, but although I came back a person and another.

What the world you want to go you? You'd be surprised to see what is discovered in the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment