Thursday, July 26, 2012

San Martin De Los Andes, Ski and Lakes | Patagonia Argentina


Argentina is a country that offers various options for vacation in winter you can go north to escape the cold, you can visit a hot spring water to improve your health or you can enjoy an exclusive sport, and unfortunately, accessible to a few, like Ski or Snowboard is (for those over wavelength). After 10 years I decided to return to Chapelco, but this time, I accompanied my family, my wife, my 2 sons and 2 old, quite an adventure. I think a lot more dangerous than any off-piste. I found a San Martin de los Andes grown, full of shops, hotels of all types and places to eat. But without losing the charm of small city, like a mountain village with every comfort.

View of the City of San Martin de los Andes Knowing that prices would be high and also everything that involves travel and expenses on the hill, I loaded up with provisions before leaving, I made sure that the week in the cabin and was covered in advance and tried not to think too much about the money, because they would enjoy this well-deserved vacation. Go with the boys assumed a mantle of care, more than anything by the Hill, snow and my wife is not going to leave to move for either side in the cold. Clarification, my kids are 4 and 1, but to my surprise she was more relaxed and could enjoy all the same.

The first day on the Hill, it is always a whole mess that we slip on ice on the rise with the car, that "girls are my boots?, That" it's cold?, "I can not walk this equipment?, Auxilioooo !!!!!. By noon we were a bit more organized, eating burgers, something highlighted in the price, (but I said I was not going to make trouble for the money) in a mountain hut that looked like a story.

Chapelco amazed me as my 4 year old boy was adapted so quickly to ski, down the tracks as if he had years of practice. My parents helped us with the care of the littlest and my wife were able to ski relaxed, enjoying the wonderful scenery provides the Chapelco with Lanin Volcano in the background and these leafy groves bordering the tracks.

Lanin National Park entrance We took a few days to visit the area, we went to Junín de los Andes, where we noticed the renewed church, with all Mapuche iconography carved wooden decorations, like a church shared by 2 religions ( The Mapuche and Christian), following the road around Lake Huechulafquen skirt to reach the base of Volcan Lanin. An amazing trip, but I think these broad meadows and forests would have enjoyed more in the summer. Another departure we did was visit a Mapuche community in the viewpoint of Bandurrias, where we took some friends who live in San Martin, a very peaceful place on the shores of Lake Lacar, unspoilt where we could make a grilled vegetables on the grill burning and Patagonian rib for an unforgettable evening. Since ending the week we went to buy chocolates and candy classics to bring a gift to those who remained in Buenos Aires, and finally we prepare for a return laaaarga car and family. Tip: If you want to live this unique experience, I suggest you book your accommodation in advance, is a hut or a bungalow, a Lodge or Cabin Spa Shack Argentinas - www.CabaniasArgentinas.com.

Source: The Bachelor of Tourism Juan Manuel Russo is the Commercial Director of Cabañas Argentinas (www.CabaniasArgentinas.com) and a lover of travel for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment